In this week’s MondayMotivator:
- Having purpose is crucial for realising goals and attaining success.
- Goals and ambitions without purpose have less value and are less likely to be sustained.
- Purpose gives meaning, direction, and strength to sustain you through challenges.
What is my purpose in life?
This is a question that you might not be able to answer immediately. It’s a question that gives pause to many. If you can answer it, great!
Not having purpose means you might find it difficult to realise your goals because otherwise, all you have is attainment in mind. That is, actions or goals you achieve but are disconnected from and that could mean anything or nothing and take you in a direction you don’t want to go.
Planning your future, setting goals or having grand ambitions by themselves are of little value. Or, will have little effect on their realisation until you have a purpose.
Having a purpose encourages you when facing challenges on your way to your goal.
Purpose makes sense of what you do and why you are doing it. It gives you hope, confidence and will sustain you through the difficult times.
Purpose gives you a sense of direction and strength for persistence. When you feel like quitting, it will remind you of the reasons why you attempted the venture in the first place.
When you fuel your life with purpose and passion you give it meaning and shape.
Finding your purpose in life is a personal and inward-looking journey. Here are 10 questions that can help guide you to finding purpose if you sit down with paper and pen and think about the answers to them:
- What activities or topics make me lose track of time and feel fully engaged and fulfilled?
- What are my core values? That is, what do I care about deeply?
- What impact do I want to have on the world or the lives of others?
- What unique strengths, talents, or skills do I possess?
- What activities or goals align with my interests and bring me joy?
- What would I pursue or do if I had no fear of failure or judgment?
- What kind of life do I envision for myself in terms of relationships, career, and personal growth?
- What inspires and motivates me?
- Thinking bigger, what are some challenges or issues in the world that ignite a sense of passion or a desire to make a difference?
- What do I want my legacy to be?
Remember, finding your purpose is a lifelong journey, and it’s okay to explore, reassess and readjust along the way. We’re all growing and changing.
I think about my purpose regularly because it keeps me on track and in control of my decisions. I recommend you do the same.
To your success and growth this week.
Photo by Smart on Unsplash