Picture credit: geekalerts.com/the-last-cookie-t-shirt
Welcome to this week’s MondayMotivator.
Self-discipline is doing what you know you should do, when it should be done, whether you want to or not.
When I started the Monday Motivator it was a self-discipline exercise. I would tell people I send a motivational email every Monday morning by 9am. So I would either have to have it done by Sunday evening, or be up very early on Monday, to have it completed by 9am.
I have noticed that by doing this one self-discipline exercise it has affected the rest of my life. That is not to say I don’t procrastinate at times, but I’m getting better at not doing it.
What self-discipline exercise do you use to keep chipping away towards your goals?
The following are some steps you can take to develop self-discipline.
• Start with small things – clean your desk, tidy your room/office
• Organise yourself – have a daily to-do list, if you don’t control your time it and everything else will control you
• Be on time – this is an easy one
• Finish what you start – the most important key to self-discipline
• Do the hardest things first – if you do the easy unimportant things first you will run out of energy to complete the most important tasks.
Have a terrific day, and think about a self-discipline exercise you can do to get the most out of your week, so you can enjoy your weekend.
Glenn “Can resist the last cookie” Edley
We built a website for our Mailchimp Maximiser service